Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Cocky (L)User

So, There it happened again. A user phoned – Seriously – what possesses them to do that to themselves??

{phone rings}
me : BOFH Hello?
(L)User : Hi, This is *blanked out*. When are you going to send someone up to fix my internet and E-Mail?
me : *bzzzzzt…..pop* sorry, Who’s this?
(L)User : This is Ben. Will you be fixing my internet anytime soon?
me : yes, sure, just hang on a moment. What’s your username & password? *clicks over to admin interface*
(L)User : It’s [blah blah blah blah].
me : *deletes all records of the user in the employee database and fixes internet* There ya go…all done…
(L)User : Thank you.
me : It’s a pleasure. Really it is…
{puts phone down}

No really now, I honestly don’t know why users have to be so…cocky. Why can they not be like the rest of us? Normal.

Our internet was down a bit today as we had a techie work on the lines here (I would have slapped him if it did not start working again). So the users start getting cocky – and I must be totally honest with you that there is nothing more frustrating, and nothing in this whole world that get’s me angrier (or angry quicker) than a user being cocky with me.

One of these days I’m afraid that I’m gonna pop my top, switch of all servers, change all passwords, enable self-destruct and go away for a week. Then maybe they’ll just start being nice to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment