Friday, May 23, 2008

Liar Liar (L)User on fire!!!

I have come to the conclusion that all users think that we, systems administrators, are totally stupid. Yes, they think that they are in control and can feed us any bunch of lies, and that we will just believe them...

Yeah, right. If there is a user reading this, please take out your notebook and take notes, I am only saying this ONCE:

SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATORS ARE NOT IDIOTS.

For Example:

{Phone Rings}
me : BOFH Speaking, Hello?
(L)User : Hi, How are you?
me : Fine, you?
(L)User : Fine. Listen, I am trying to send an E-Mail to my team leaders with our program for the next 13 weeks, and they are not recieving it.
me : How many team leaders do you have? *opens admin console and checks Outbound Mail Que*
(L)User : I know I cannot send an E-Mail to more than 10 people at the time, so I sent 6 E-Mails as I have approximately 60 team leaders.
me : *sees that he's lying throught his teeth and that there is ONE E-Mail with 50 (counted them) reciepients*

**PAUSE**

So, now what do I do? Accept that I'M in the wrong and that I'M an idiot? Nope...

**UNPAUSE**

me : Sir, there is nothing on my servers or anywhere to be found. The problem is not at MY side. *delete's message from mail que**
(L)User : ok, thank you.
me : it's my PLEASURE...
{puts down phone}

Who's the idiot now? Who's the Stupid one now? Honestly, don't take me for useless...

No comments:

Post a Comment