Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Self Righteous Ex-Luser

So there is this luser that decides to quit and get a new job, which is great for me as she was a difficult client even at the best of times. She decides to stop work at the end of last week (4 days ago). I Scheduled a data-transfer of all her stuff to the replacement secretary's computer.

So this morning, after my good cuppa java, I quickly changed all E-Mail, Internet & Intranet settings and deleted the ex-luser's information. I start the moving process, sit back and wait. About halfway through the process:

*Phone rings*
me : "BOFH Hello"
Ex-Luser : "Hi there BOFH, it's Ex-Luser. You shouldn't move my things I'm coming in and I'm not done yet"
me : "But that means that the new person can't work and that YOU are messing up all my planning!"
Ex-Luser : "I'm sure that *YOU* have more things to do and the new secretary can go on as she is now until *I'M* done."
me : "whatever"
*Slams the phone down*

So at this point in time my tolerance for this Ex-Luser is down in the negatives and NOT climbing. So I leave the poor new lady in a semi state of panic and the Ex-Luser's new computer in a million confusing pieces and head back down to the privacy of my new office.

A few hours later whilst blissfully browsing:

*Phone rings*
me : "BOFH Hello"
Ex-Luser : "Hi There Bofh..."
*instantaneously pops a vein*
Ex-Luser (Continues) : "...I just want to say that it's not *MY* fault that your planning didn't work out!"
*PAUSE*
So there I sat, blood boiling and blood pressure quickly rising. How can SHE phone in, mess up all my work and planning and then have the audacity to phone me and tell me that it was NOT her...???
*UNPAUSE*
me (Stunned) : "Excuse me?"
Ex-Luser : "Yes, I told everyone that I am coming in today and I refuse to be the bad guy in this story"
me : "I see, but that doesn't fix anything"
Ex-Luser : "That doesn't matter to me"
Me : "Bye"
*Puts the phone down*

Upon a bit of further investigation I found that the above mentioned Ex-Luser only left a sticky note telling the new secretary that she'll be in and said nothing about work or using her computer at all.

So I'm sitting here, boiling, so excuse me while I go chop a hole into the side of a certain ex-luser's cute little Citroen C2...

No comments:

Post a Comment