Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And it was morning...

So yesterday my working rained out. Now I have this huge backlog that I'll probably have to do tonight. What fun. Luckily in all this I got a good night's rest, and I feel much up to work today.

On Today's Menu - Visit another Satellite branch, and setup a database, web server and such forth on their system. This might actually be a challenge, as they still run MicroRubbish Windows Server 2000...

I made the decision that there would be NO IIS on the machines, and that I'd rather install Apache, and MySQL. This is made very easy by some clever guy that distributes the WebServ Package. Man - You have GOT to love him. Check it out Here.

I also need to set up remote access, so that I am able to log into the systems from my office, and that it's not neccesary to drive all the way there when there's a problem. So setting up encrypted RDP might be a little bit of a challenge on it's own, or not - I'll have to wait and see when I get there.

Anyway, I'm off to see the wizard, yup - that wonderful wizard of oz...Oh who am I kidding, Microsoft, Wizard? Yeah, Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment